“RESISTANCE - Raising awarnESs of MaritIme Spatial planning imporTANCE”
Program Cross-border cooperation INTERREG V-A Italy – Croatia 2014. – 2020. – Theme clusters Standard+ and Standard Projects
Municipality of Podstrana
• Healthy City
• Fondazione Cetacea Onlus (Cetacea Foundation)
• Universita Ca'Foscari Venezia (University of Venice)
• Universita degli studi di Ferrara (University of Ferrara)
• Regione Emilia Romagna (Emilia Romagna Region)
• Public institution for the management of protected parts of nature Sea and Karst
• Kornati National park Public Institution
Description of the project
RESISTANCE is project cooperation between different experts, representatives of local authorities, regional authorities , educational institutions and international environmental organizations, which will jointly capitalize their already developed good practices for sustainable use of marine and coastal resources. All project partners involved will work together to establish guidelines to preserve the wealth of the Adriatic Sea to achieve maximum economical benefits withprotection of the marine ecosystem . RESISTANCE will use good practice, results and all the amenities that are available from INTERREG projects SOUNDSCAPE, ECOSS, ECOMAP, NET4MPLASTIC, DORY, ML-REPAIR i SASPAS for the development of sustainable growth, solving pollution problems, contamination and the protection of the unique biodiversity of the Adriatic Sea.
The project goal:
The project goal RESISTANCE is to share the acquired knowledge and experience about the sea, but also about coastal river enviroment capitalising of the results of Interreg projects ECOMAP, ECOSS, Net4mPLASTIC, SOUNDSCAPE, DORY, SASPAS i ML-REPAIR. Project will support development of guidelines and methodology for Maritime Spatial planning at local and regional level. Project will contribute improving the quality of the marine environment and coastal area using sustainable and innovative technologies and access, sharing knowledge and good practice between Italian and Croatian partners and relevant stakeholders for Maritime Spatial planning.
1. Integrated methodologies and tools for sea monitoring relevant to Maritime Spatial planning.
2. Synergies between projects involved and related stakeholders for support decisions within Maritime Spatial planning.
3. Increased ecological awareness between policy makers, local and regional communities, non-governmental organizations, general public, promotion and implementation of activities which will lead to sustainable coastal development.
Total budget of the project
Intensity of EU support
Part of Public institution National park Kornati in total project amount
Implementation period of the project
01.04.2022. – 30.06.2023. godine